[2023 JAN] Buying Books from Amazon US using Free International Delivery to Philippines

I used my EastWest KOMO debit card to buy Amazon Credits and for Checkout.

I bought four (4) books from different sellers. I thought Amazon US will consolidate the packages but they sent out the packages as soon as it is available. Took around 2 weeks to be received, and was delivered door-to-door by local courier like LBC Express and Ninja Van.

Payment

I used EastWest's Komo debit card, I preferred to link this to Amazon as I can lock the card for ATM withdrawals, POS, and Online transactions via the mobile app. Which means I have a peace of mind that when I am not using the debit card, I can lock it and be protected from unauthorized charges. 

I got traumatized when my GCASH AMEX had an unauthorized charges of about P400 and I wasn't able to get refund from it. I'm pretty sure Amazon US had something to do about it because it is the only place where I used my GCASH AMEX.

When using credit/debit card, Amazon will not immediately charge you. They will charge only when the package was sent by the Seller. 

In my experience, this is not a good thing as I have multiple charges on my debit card and can't track which one is for which order. By my calculation, the total charges to my debit card seems to be more than the order's total.

Next time, I will just buy Amazon gift card to add credit to my account, instead of directly using the credit/debit card.

Delivery

FREE international delivery for orders $49 and above. 

Three (3) of my orders are delivered by LBC Express and One (1) order is delivered by Ninja Van. Hassle free, took around two weeks.



Tales of Zestiria [Eng] - Vol 2 and 4


Tales of Zestiria [Eng] - Vol 3

Psychic Development for Beginners - William Hewitt 


Conclusion

The only problem I had was the payment as I was charged per item (as  it was sent out by the seller), next time I will pay in full using Amazon gift card credits.

I'm planning to buy more books from Amazon US next time, and I will post another review about it.